Business Questions     Shipping Boxes

2022-09-06 06:46

Shipping Boxes

I wanted to see if you guys had any insight to the best sized boxes for shipping 5lbs bags of coffee. I have been using a 20x10x10 and I am able to fit 5 bags of coffee in that sized box. I wanted input on a bigger sized box that that would not be over kill. I find I am most often having to ship an odd number like 7 bags to a customer and then I have to split and it is more on shipping. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

Link

Comments

Views
2022-09-06 09:22

Hey Jake!

If you're using the gusseted 5lb bags you can fit 10 x 5lb bags in a 20x16x14. At that size and weight you would want to consider double walled boxes. Hope that helps point you in the right direction!

Bryant

Link

Hi Jake - What carrier(s) are you using and what range of pounds are you shipping most often?

Link

Thanks Bryant!

Angie // RoastPATH + Mill City Roasters said:

Hi Jake - What carrier(s) are you using and what range of pounds are you shipping most often?

I am using UPS and I was shipping most often 5 bags at a time, but now a couple of my customer's have picked up steam in their cafes and have been ordering in 7 bag increments.

Link

Announcement

Do you have: Curiosity about Roast Replay?Questions about using RoastPATH?Suggestions for features or improvements to the user experience? Come join us for the inaugural RoastPATH Training Webinar! H...

Read More