RoastPATH® Tips     Adjusting Temps in App to Match Roaster

2020-04-13 16:54

Adjusting Temps in App to Match Roaster

If you are seeing a difference between the temperature reading in the app vs on your roaster you can make an adjustment using the web portal.

In the web portal go to Roasters https://portal.roastpath.com/roasters -> select the roaster at fault -> Sensor Overrides.

Here you will be able to input a pos or neg number to offset the reading. After making the adjustment go back to the app, click the machine name to bring up the detail view, and click the refresh button to pull down the new config.

Link

Comments

Views
2021-03-02 00:21

Hello Cole,

Just got setup to run roastpath with my 3kg. I want to set it up so the BT on roastpath matches my roaster. My BT on roastpath is -30 degrees compared to the showing on my roaster. So do I just input 130% on BT when I do the sensor override? I'm not sure if that's how it works.....

Link

Try 1.10

Link

Thanx steve!!! Will give it a try!

Link

Hi All, any other suggestions here. I tried doing the override route. My RoastPATH temp continues to show 20+ degrees lower than my temp reading on the roaster. I have a 2kg digital. Should I delete the roaster and then re-add my machine?

Link

Hey, if it is off by that much it could be a unit of measurement mismatch F/C. Sensors fade overtime and should only drift a few degrees. Email support@millcityroasters.com if you haven't figured it out yet and we can update your configuration to match the machine.

Link

I'm seeing something similar on my 2kg digital. I'm assuming it's two different probe readings. The one in the door is read by roast path and the reading on the machine is coming from the second probe to the left of the sample spoon. I can see this when I open the door, the temp on roast path cools, while the machine temp stays hotter. I'm also seeing fluctuations in the difference between the two temps based on closing the door, how long it's closed, the beans wrapping around it, etc. So, may be way off base, but that's what it appears like to me. Open to correction for sure, and a way to make these read more closely if they should.

Also, open to better understanding which temp to operate from, roast path or machine reading? Thanks!

Link

Announcement

Do you have: Curiosity about Roast Replay?Questions about using RoastPATH?Suggestions for features or improvements to the user experience? Come join us for the inaugural RoastPATH Training Webinar! H...

Read More