RoastPATH® Help     After Countdown RoastPath isn't registering any data for four minutes

2022-05-19 09:39

After Countdown RoastPath isn't registering any data for four minutes

Hi all--

So the last few roasts I've noticed that there's a huge delay when I begin a roast. The countdown will start as normal, but then nothing else will show on the display for four minutes into the roast--the RoR won't show, the time, the temperature, the development percentage, etc. Wondering if anyone else is having this issue. Computer is updated and fine, RoastPath is newest update. Super frustrating. Thanks.

Link

Comments

Views
2022-05-19 10:19

I pinged the development team to let them know. I'd expect a response pretty quick.

Link

Hey Riverwalk, since I'm in the roastery I just went and setup a scenario as similar as I could. Newest update, windows PC, 3kg roaster with a digital control panel, count-down enabled, ect. I didn't notice anything off. RoR does not show up on the screen until sample window has passed (30-60 seconds), but I'm able to see my timer and temperatures changing. Is your app non-responsive during this time? Are you able to open and close side panels or is the app just frozen?

It seems to be an anomaly so I would suggest uninstalling, and reinstalling the app and trying again. I have noticed app installs are not always consistent, but this usually only affects icons displaying wrong or other minor quirks.

Let me know if you keep struggling with this and I can look into it further. Best of luck.

Cole

Link

Okay, on further review I took a look at your last roast and saw an exceptionally large amount of duplicate notes were recorded which explains the app hanging. I will code review and see how this could be possible and if I'm able to prevent it moving forward. Please let me know if this persists after uninstall/reinstall.

Link

Announcement

Do you have: Curiosity about Roast Replay?Questions about using RoastPATH?Suggestions for features or improvements to the user experience? Come join us for the inaugural RoastPATH Training Webinar! H...

Read More