RoastPATH® Help     Automatic charge detection?

2023-08-20 20:32

Automatic charge detection?

Hi - it's been a while since we roasted and we finally got back to it this weekend. I was happy to see the "automatic charge" option. I thought it would detect when we charged the next batch, but it didn't. Is that what it's supposed to do? We've got a 2kg digital from 2021, if that matters.

Thanks,

-jamie

Link

Comments

Views
2023-08-21 09:11

Hi Jamie, sounds like a configuration issue. On the web go to Settings > Roastery > {org name} > Roasters and edit your roaster. Ensure that 'Digital Control Panel - 1120' is selected click save regardless. This will pull down the latest configuration for your machine. With a digital machine, charge will be detected when your machine switches from warmup to roast mode and the timer on your control panel starts.

Link

Mine shows that it's not the 1120, but rather 1000 - does that matter? I don't want to break something. Or do I need a firmware update or something?

Manufacturer: Mill City Roasters
Model: 2 kilogram / MCR-2
Series: Digital Control Panel - 1000
Configuration: V4 - Digital Control Panel (1.5kg - 20kg, 2018 - Present)

Link

(had to edit the above because it wasn't showing the specs I pasted)

Link

Hi Jamie,

Depending on the Firmware version of you Roaster the Automatic charge detection functions slightly differently.

If your machine is running the from factory firmware, charge detection is math or calculated based on temperature change at the start of a roast. From factory digital roasters should you the Digital Control Panel -1000 configuration.

If you have done the Replay Firmware update meeting with a member of our support team, (to make your roaster compatible with Roast Replay) then automatic charge is based of the timer on the control panel. When the timer starts RoastPATH marks charge. Updated Roasters should use the Digital Control Panel -1120 configuration.

If you are interested in the Replay Firmware update check out this article https://help.roastpath.com/hc/en-us/articles/14993984886797 and email in to support@millcityroasters.com

No matter which version of the firmware or config you are using Automatic Charge detect only marks Charge of a new blank roast. You still need to manually save the last profile you recorded before you can start recording a new one.

Cheers,

Link

Announcement

Do you have: Curiosity about Roast Replay?Questions about using RoastPATH?Suggestions for features or improvements to the user experience? Come join us for the inaugural RoastPATH Training Webinar! H...

Read More