RoastPATH® Help     Downloading app to a Mac

2022-08-30 03:59

Downloading app to a Mac

Good day

I have completed all the steps to get started except for the downloading of the app-struggling to be able to download it onto my mac. I have all the windows applications on my mac.

If anyone knows how to do it please do help.

Many thanks

Link

Comments

Views
2022-08-30 07:57

Hi Hardihood Coffee Roaster,

You should be able to download RoastPATH from this page: https://portal.roastpath.com/releases/

I currently recommend version 1.5.1122 for Mac if you have a manual roaster and not a digital.

If you have anymore trouble or questions you can always post here or reach out to support@millcityroasters.com

Hope this helped,

Karsten from Mill City Roasters Support

Link

I've done everything required by the set up instructions including downloading the driver on my Macbook Pro and I'm still getting no connection with Roast Path. I even went into the Phidget app and checked all the channels to make sure the probes were reading and there wasn't any issues with the cable or Phidget. and they are all reading temps. I am still not getting a connection with the RP app. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Link

Hi @Karsten_on_RP. What version of RP do you recommend for Mac with a digital roaster?

Thanks!

Ender

Link

Hey folks,

I would recommend both of you to try out the preview release by heading to the download page https://portal.roastpath.com/download and then clicking "Show Other Releases". Version 1.6.1720 supports phidgets on Mac and has updated features in the notebook for digital roasters.

We have an update in the final stage of production so check back in the next week or so for the latest Stable version.

Link

Hi All,

Just wanted to follow up on this post...I tried RoastPath V1.6.1720 (shows as RoastPath 2 on my Mac). Unfortunately, I'm still having the same connection issues - no difference in how it performs. Mac system shows the roaster is connected (you can check out the screenshot), but RoastPath shows no connection. It happens pretty intermittently during pre-heat, meaning, it'll show connected for a little bit then disconnect. There doesn't seem to be any linking event when it disconnects (except when I'm roasting...see below). To get it to reconnect I have to do any one of the following:

1. unplug and plug the usb connection back in
  2. Quite RoastPath, unplug, then plug back in, then launch RoastPath

I've had it lose connection a few times when roasting, but usually the connection will hold until I go to drop the beans. The connection with terminate 100% of the time when I drop the beans, so then I do one (or both) of the above options to re-establish the connection.

-Ender

Link

Announcement

Do you have: Curiosity about Roast Replay?Questions about using RoastPATH?Suggestions for features or improvements to the user experience? Come join us for the inaugural RoastPATH Training Webinar! H...

Read More