RoastPATH® Help     Drop Button Clicking Itself

2020-10-28 10:26

Drop Button Clicking Itself

Anyone else experiencing the drop button clicking itself sometime between first crack and when you actually drop? It happens regardless of if the Development Timer target has been set and happens on most roasts. There's times when we drop and go to click the button and fund that it already clicked itself up to a minute earlier.
We often times catch and reset it but if I'm concentrating on the trier and watching for color and smell, I sometimes miss it.

Any way to stop this from happening?

Link

Comments

Views
2020-11-06 02:02

It’s probably happening from the sensor spikes/dropouts. The software will sense a drop in temp and think you dropped the beans.

Link

The Toasted Roasters said:

Anyone else experiencing the drop button clicking itself sometime between first crack and when you actually drop? It happens regardless of if the Development Timer target has been set and happens on most roasts. There's times when we drop and go to click the button and fund that it already clicked itself up to a minute earlier.

It does happen to me at times. I'm not sure why. now I'm alert and cancel/reset it when it happens.

Link

AssimK said:

It does happen to me at times. I'm not sure why. now I'm alert and cancel/reset it when it happens.

Yeah, same here. I've played with it much more and it's definitely associated to the spikes/dropouts. I can't wait for that issue to be fixed. I enjoy using the RoastPATH software but if these things don't get worked out, I do think I'll eventually transition over to a more reliable program for the 2k machine.
Our 500g doesn't have the issue... the Phidget works flawlessly.

Link

The next update addresses the drop outs and will also include the ability to turn on/off the automatic detect of drop that some users are seeing due to the drop-outs in communication. We hope to publish before the end of this week. If you have further questions, let me know. Thanks again for your patience on this issue.

Link

Announcement

Do you have: Curiosity about Roast Replay?Questions about using RoastPATH?Suggestions for features or improvements to the user experience? Come join us for the inaugural RoastPATH Training Webinar! H...

Read More