Coffee Roasting     help starting roastpath

2020-06-26 09:42

help starting roastpath

So I hae my roaster connected and see the chart but nothing is happening. I keep trying but after 1/2 hour im really frustrated. The live roast button will not turn on. even when it did none of the buttons work.

Mick

Link

Comments

Views
2020-06-26 10:13

Hi Mick, can you upload a screen shot of your roast screen? Do you have your roaster selected and is it showing that the bridge and sensors are connect with a green check mark?

Live Roasting is a broadcasting feature that allows you to share your curve in real time to other people over the internet (https://roastpath.com/help/sharing/) I'd suggest leaving it off for now while you are getting started with RoastPATH.

Link

I will do that here in a few minutes. I had to leave for awhile

Link

I just sent to pictures. One showing the Chart, and a picture showing Bridge connected but sensors are X

Link

Hi Mick, It looks like you may not have selected a configuration for this roaster. RoastPATH needs to know how your roaster is passing information to the app (phidget, PID, etc.) in order to receive it.

1. Navigate back to your roaster on the RoastPATH Portal: https://portal.roastpath.com/roasters

2. Select your roaster

3. Under 'Sensor Configuration' choose 'Standard Configuration'.

4. On the next screen select 'V1: Model Size: 500 gram - 3 kilgoram / Model Year: 2019-Present / Connection Type: Phidget".

Link

(You can upload and insert photos in the forums by using the photo icon when creating a post or reply)

Link

just sent 2 pics. I reconfigured but still XXX on sensor. Bridge is ok

Link

What does bridge mean? Maybe my comp is not recognizing the roaster

Link

Explanation of RoastPATH (the app), the Bridge and the Portal: https://roastpath.com/help/get-connected/#roastpath-bridge-portal

If you've updated your settings in the Portal, you will need to refresh that roaster in RoastPATH to fetch the new settings. You can do this by hitting the refresh button under the roaster pull-down on the roast screen in RoastPATH -or- you can close RoastPATH and reopen it and it will fetch the new settings upon open.

Link

Did not work. I am really at a loss. Maybe because I am using windows parallel that is windows 10 on my compute that it is not working.

Link

Hi Mick

I think I can relate to your issue. I fired up my roaster last week. and was not able to get the readings (installed roastpath today)

I have also probably issue with the phidget setting I'm still dealing with. if you open the phidget manager it shows that there is nothing detected?

I'm trying to figure out what is the exact issue.

Link

after a great call with Nick yesterday. all issues were solved with me. sensors are now detected. I was sent an updated custom configuration. now works well.

Link

Announcement

Do you have: Curiosity about Roast Replay?Questions about using RoastPATH?Suggestions for features or improvements to the user experience? Come join us for the inaugural RoastPATH Training Webinar! H...

Read More