Coffee Roasting     My first profiles

2020-09-26 04:46

My first profiles

Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone is well.

Just finished my first roasting day (as in 4 batches back to back).

Disclaimer: I'm a newb in roasting and logging my roasts.

Last week attempted two batches without logging. Coffee used is Washed Ethiopia Limu. Honestly I was impressed with the outcome as espresso. on the cupping table was very pleased with the result.

Excuse me as I'm still figuring out how to use Roast Path

Note: not as flat as it looks, Just the Y axis is reading in Fahrenheit

I think my BT is Off as I'm hitting FC at around 173-175 C. and all my phases are below expected temperatures wise.

Not sure why the temperatures lines would suddenly drop as seen above, as if they're disconnecting. All my roasts looked something like this. No Gas adjustments up to FC just to keep the momentum.

an Issue that happened a couple of times, once tab FC on roastpath, I add a note on the adjustments done and RoastPath calls the drop. Had to undo that a few times.

Link

Comments

Views
2020-09-26 04:50

to add on the above. I'm not consistent in calling the turning point and the yellow end yet.

here are details on other roasts today

Link

Assim, make these roasts public and share the link?

Link

Hi Everyone,

I can say that i'm gaining control and able to predict the machine. after the latest updates. though declined but the curve still have some flicks

https://portal.roastpath.com/publicroasts/index/1870122550305251020

Link

Announcement

Do you have: Curiosity about Roast Replay?Questions about using RoastPATH?Suggestions for features or improvements to the user experience? Come join us for the inaugural RoastPATH Training Webinar! H...

Read More