RoastPATH® Help     No Temperature Readings, Bridge and Sensor have green check

2020-12-04 14:11

No Temperature Readings, Bridge and Sensor have green check

Hi, I'm using RoastPath 1.0.93.0 on a Windows 10 Home laptop (HP), 1.5kg MC1500 roaster. The Bridge and Sensor have green checks and I can countdown to charge, however there are no active readings displayed. Just a solid line at 32 degrees. I've looked through the forum, apologies if I missed something. Where should I start?

Thanks, Blaine

Link

Comments

Views
2020-12-18 11:30

Hi Blaine,

We've done some significant work in the RoastPATH Bridge for the next release to prevent drop-outs. Hopefully these changes will help.

The Bridge is the small program that runs to connect the app to the roaster. If you open the system tray, you should see the "RP" icon. Clicking that will open the bridge. If you hit the "X" in the bridge, you will stop the bridge program. The app will notice the bridge stopped, and start a new one.

We have found there still a few situations when the bridge is unable to talk to the roaster, but stopping and restarting the bridge will often fix the issue. Sometimes restarting the app is also necessary. Let us know if this doesn't resolve your issue.

Link

I am having a similar issue. Bridge and Sensors show a green check but all the fields show 0s or dashes. I also use cropster and have the same issue. Cropster reads "sensors connected" but all the fields are empty. If I remove the data cable from the computer the sensor shows a red x as if it notices it's no longer connected in both cropster and roast path, so the computer senses it's connected but seems to be unable to communicate with the roaster.

Link

This sounds like it could be a cable issue. Please check that you are using a serial RS485/422 to USB cable and that it is functioning properly.

Link

Hello everyone. This happened to me over the weekend. I have an MCR-6 and from one day to the next the roaster was not connecting to the laptop. All the sensor inputs showed a “Red X” and the Modbus indicated “Not connected/connecting”.

Some things that I tried before I fixed it:

1. Replaced the USB cable - was not it

2. confirmed that my laptop was working properly. Restarted it. Removed the roast path app and reinstalled it. No luck

3. Restarted the bridge per instructions above. Did not fix it.

Solution: I removed the roaster from my roastpath profile and re-added it. Fixed the problem.

Now, I did notice that some of the icons changed and not sure if there was a new version of Roaspath released. If indeed a new version was released this past week/weekend, I wonder if there could be a communication issued indicating that a new version has been released. This will allow us to at least know that there is a change point in the system.

Link

Hi Gerardo,

We released the update 1.7 in mid April, read more about it here: https://portal.roastpath.com/forums/topic/roastpath-v17-release---f...ovements/1

Glad to hear you were able to get your connection issue resolved.

If you have issues with RoastPATH in future check out the help center articles or email in to support@millcityroasters.com

Cheers,

Link

Announcement

Do you have: Curiosity about Roast Replay?Questions about using RoastPATH?Suggestions for features or improvements to the user experience? Come join us for the inaugural RoastPATH Training Webinar! H...

Read More