Equipment & Workspaces     Purchasing new thermocouples for 3kg manual

2023-06-18 17:26

Purchasing new thermocouples for 3kg manual

Hello MCR,

I am thinking of purchasing new thermocouples for my 3kg 2020 model. The goal is to get a more accurate and consistent reading as compared to the current thermocouples that was logging a 100 degree difference between the PID and BT prior to cleaning them (I removed each and lightly sanded, and I removed a little debris from the inside of the BT thermocouple). Consistency has been way better since but was also thinking it wouldn't hurt if I just replaced them with these: https://millcityroasters.com/shop/roaster-parts-accessories/data-lo...mocouples/

Questions:

- Given my model, which should I purchase for each location? (BT, DT and ET)?

- Is this a "do it yourself" job or will I need tech support?

- In your experience, will there be a noticeable difference in temp logging moving forward as compared to my current thermocouples?

As always, thanks for your fantastic support! Happy Fathers Day!

Link

Comments

Views
2023-06-19 10:47

Hi Richard,

Great questions. I recommend 3x35mm Adjustable thermocouples as replacements for your BT, DT and ET probes on your machine. You can find them available for purchase on our website, link below.

https://millcityroasters.com/shop/roaster-parts-accessories/data-logging/coffee-roaster-thermocouples/

If you need help with the replacement reach out to support@millcityroasters.com to schedule a meeting with a member of our support team.

There will likely be a difference in the new readings which often requires a little time to get used to. But, the 3mms will be more responsive and accurate in measuring the thermal conditions inside your machine.

Link

Prefect, thanks Karsten!

Link

Announcement

Do you have: Curiosity about Roast Replay?Questions about using RoastPATH?Suggestions for features or improvements to the user experience? Come join us for the inaugural RoastPATH Training Webinar! H...

Read More