Announcements     RoastPATH v1.7 Release - Features and Improvements

2023-04-19 09:37

RoastPATH v1.7 Release - Features and Improvements

We are excited to announce our latest application update, which includes some great new features and improvements to the performance and stability of the app.

Windows users may have already been updated to version 1.7 through the Microsoft Store, Mac users can use a pre-release (still being tested) version located at the downloads page (linked below).

What's new in this release?

Roast Replay: This new feature automates machine adjustments during the roasting process. By selecting a previous roast, the app will automatically adjust fuel, fan, and drum settings for you. Note that this feature is currently in beta and available by invitation only until our case testing is finished. Learn more about machine compatibility in the Help Center article 'Is my roaster Roast Replay ready?'.

Preheat Chart: Digital roasters will now see a preheat chart in the notebook displaying Drum Temperature and the heat cycle count. This enables users to track the latent heat of their machines and dial in their between-batch protocol.

Drum Temp: If your roasting machine supports it, the drum temperature will now be displayed on the chart and timer. Additionally, you can charge off of the drum temperature instead of bean temperature.

Phidgets on Mac: This update expands the support for Phidgets on Mac that we introduced in version 1.6.

Bug Fixes/Performance Enhancements: We've made various improvements to increase the stability and performance of the app.

Expanded Roaster Configurations: All known Phidget equipped and MODBUS RTU enabled roaster models from any manufacturer are being added to RoastPATH’s machine library. Request integration of your machine by emailing support@roastpath.com.

Downloads Page: We have created a downloads page where you can find both the Mac and PC versions of the app. This way, if we publish a new version that doesn't interact with your computer well, you will be able to go here and install the previous version that was working for you last. We recommend uninstalling the app before installing a new version to ensure the best possible experience.

Latest version 1.7.1412 can be found here by clicking the drop down "Show Other Releases"
https://portal.roastpath.com/download

We're thrilled about the performance and stability of these new versions. As we are nearing the end of our beta, headed towards a public release, keep your eyes on the forums and your inbox for important updates and more news. Thank you for your continued support!

Link

Comments

Views
2023-04-19 12:58

Hi,

With this new release will the roast automatically start ("charge") when the hopper is opened and the beans fall into the drum?

Thanks.......... Eric

Link

Hi Eric,

Yes, RoastPATH 1.7 can do that! 1.7 has settings for automatic Charge Detection, automatic Turning Point Detection, automatic Drop Detection and enable/disable 3 second 'Countdown' to charge. These settings are all part of the Roast Replay update so, your roaster will likely need a firmware update to take full advantage of the new features. Learn more about machine compatibility in the Help Center article Is my roaster Roast Replay ready?

Hope this helps, Karsten

Link

Fantastic!

Thanks so much for the feedback Karsten!!!

Link

I tried to update but it came back and said it could not because I already had the 1.6 version. I looked in programs to try and remove that version but do not find it in there?? I am at a loss but 1.6 works well!

Link

Hi Curtis,

Sorry to hear that. If you are having an issue with RoastPATH, don't hesitate to reach out to support@roastpath.com or support@millcityroasters.com

We are always happy to help!

Link

Announcement

Do you have: Curiosity about Roast Replay?Questions about using RoastPATH?Suggestions for features or improvements to the user experience? Come join us for the inaugural RoastPATH Training Webinar! H...

Read More