Coffee Roasting     Sample Roasting on a 2kg

2023-07-31 12:39

Sample Roasting on a 2kg

What profile do you use for sample roasting for evaluation for purchase? I'm working off of LP as opposed to natural gas and trying to determine ideal charge temp and soak (if any). Batch size is 400g.

Thanks, Rich

Link

Comments

Views
2023-08-08 09:23

I do really small sample roasting to test a green on a much smaller roaster first. If I really like a green I move to my 2k and create my roast profile at 500g batch sizes. Bryant has a great video on how to scale from 500g to a full batch which we have good results. One thing to remember is he uses many different probes so your RoR curve will most likely look different. There is still some playing around but least I go through less greens at a full batch.

Link

I've been away from my 2k digital for a bit but here's what I've started using. I need to tweak it a bit more, but I did several 300g batches (with NG) back to back and got close to these for some fun sampling. It worked decently, but I feel a few of the samples we tasted weren't full potential.

Hope it helps:

https://portal.roastpath.com/publicroasts/index/7916301454617100723

Link

Announcement

Do you have: Curiosity about Roast Replay?Questions about using RoastPATH?Suggestions for features or improvements to the user experience? Come join us for the inaugural RoastPATH Training Webinar! H...

Read More