RoastPATH® Help     Software Crashing

2022-06-16 11:00

Software Crashing

Hi! Our RoastPATH software has been having some trouble for the past couple of weeks. It has been crashing frequently (I believe due to the overload of information), leaving us unable to roast. We have tried turning off some functions in RoastPATH to lessen the load on the software, but unfortunately this information is important for our roasting process. If anyone has any suggestions on how to keep RoastPATH from crashing, that would be most helpful.

Link

Comments

Views
2022-06-17 11:42

Hi Riverwalk,

I'm sorry that this version of the app has been giving you trouble. I am in the process and have almost completely reworked all of the code behind the notebook to be more efficient and optimized. I have decided that next week I will republish an earlier version of the app so that you are able to roast without these issues. That will buy me some time to put this next version of the app through a formal QA process and hopefully avoid future headaches. Thank you for the heads up.

Cole

Link

Hi Riverwalk,

The last release (the one we presume you are using) was uploaded to the Microsoft Store 3 months ago. If the crashes have just started in the past couple weeks, but the app was working fine before that, can you share with us what might have changed on your PC? Did you recently upgrade to Windows 11? Any other new software installed?

Any information about what could have changed in the last couple weeks could help us track down the source of the problem.

thanks

-Scott

Link

Cole and Scott,

Can confirm - no updates to our PC, no new software installed, etc. No changes! We also have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, but the issue has persisted. Thank you for continuing to look into this problem!

Link

We are also experiencing similar issues. The app is hanging when we try to overlay previous profiles. It also freezes after the countdown and will not start the batch. Any updates?

Link

Cole,

Good morning! Just following up to see if you've republished the earlier version of the app? Should we still be having these issues? Thank you :)

Link

Hi Riverwalk,

Nick says you have been in communication with him via the support channels. It sounds like the crashing is related to using an underlay/template when roasting. Try to set some time & temp targets as a substitute for using a template in the short term.

We are making some significant changes to the notebook. The interface is a little different. However, much of the new code is under the covers to address these stability concerns but also to add some optimizations. We are testing the release daily at this point to squash the final bugs and get a new release out soon.

The version of the app you have was released 3 months ago. If the problems started in the past two weeks, but things were fine in April, rolling back code from 3 months ago, to a 4-month-old release is unlikely to fix the issue. We decided to focus on getting the next release out ASAP, rather than rolling back a release. We think this is the fastest path to a solution.

Let us know if removing the template helps. We are pushing hard to get this next release out.

Thanks
- Scott

Link

Announcement

Do you have: Curiosity about Roast Replay?Questions about using RoastPATH?Suggestions for features or improvements to the user experience? Come join us for the inaugural RoastPATH Training Webinar! H...

Read More