RoastPATH® Help     Starting a roast

2020-06-11 13:14

Starting a roast

I started to use the software a month ago and was using a MS Surface. The Phidget worked and I could see my temps.

But I went to click the "Countdown" button and it did not work. I messed with it for a bit and then switched to my other software to do the roast.

Later booted it up and nothing I did made the countdown button active.

So I have just loaded a Dell I have with Windows 10 and downloaded the software.

Same issue!

So, what am I doing wrong? I have not connected this one to the roaster yet and just thought I would start a fake roast to make sure I knew where all of the buttons were.

I have greens, coffees, and my roaster set up.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Stewart

Link

Comments

Views
2020-06-11 15:52

Hi Stewart,

To enable the charge or countdown button, RoastPATH needs to be connected to the bridge (the background app that talks with the roaster) and be receiving readings from all configured sensors. When this is accomplished you should see two green check marks under your roaster name.

To check that the bridge is communicating with your roaster properly open your system tray and click on the RP logo to view all current readings.

Link

Excellent. Not sure why it did not work on the Surface, but I have it working on the Dell now.

Thanks!

Link

Announcement

Do you have: Curiosity about Roast Replay?Questions about using RoastPATH?Suggestions for features or improvements to the user experience? Come join us for the inaugural RoastPATH Training Webinar! H...

Read More