RoastPATH® Help     Unable to use roast reply

2023-04-30 13:20

Unable to use roast reply

We have already updated the roaster firmware but can't seems to use roast reply it says the roaster values are not matching.

Link

Comments

Views
2023-04-30 16:02

If you're using a roast profile that you developed prior to the update, you'll need to run a new profile for automation.

The system can't automate pre-update profiles.

Use the former profile as a manual roast template and try using the new profile for automation.

Link

Steve is correct as I have found that out as well. However I have also seen where you can't have any reference profile regardless what version you used to create a profile for replay, If there is a reference behind it I get the same error.

Another issue that I emailed support on today is I'm finding several of my profiles after saving and wanting to review later have lost all the event data (this is what is needed for replay). All the info was there and even used it for replay but after a shutdown and review later the data is gone.

Link

What dan said there's some profiles the notes and all the adjustments are not shown in I found out in one of recent profile I am able to Roast reply, but for some reason the notes are not registered in some profiles. Another one of bug is that I have to go settings every time to show DT temps on the graph. the config is not saved.

Link

Yes I have the same issue on the DT Temp not sticking

Link

We got going with roast replay today and also notice that the DT doesn’t stick and needs to be checked often.

Link

Steve, since we updated I have noticed that the BT temp is has changed and not same as before, We use Celsius and before the update we did roasting until 217-220 degree drop temperature, since the update it's getting 192 degree first crack and when I go for 2 mins dev time drop is around 210 which in before was 218-220. Even from the color I can see it's not the same. we do medium roast.

Link

@afrahcoffeelab said:

Steve, since we updated I have noticed that the BT temp is has changed and not same as before, We use Celsius and before the update we did roasting until 217-220 degree drop temperature, since the update it's getting 192 degree first crack and when I go for 2 mins dev time drop is around 210 which in before was 218-220. Even from the color I can see it's not the same. we do medium roast.

Exactly the same here mate, FC and drop temps 15C lower than before.

Karsten has already reached out with a solution so dont worry. They know about it and have a solution for it.

Link

@afrahcoffeelab said:

Were you running your roaster with a temp offset on your BT probe prior to the update? If so, I wonder if the new firmware is conflicting with that.

Link

Announcement

Do you have: Curiosity about Roast Replay?Questions about using RoastPATH?Suggestions for features or improvements to the user experience? Come join us for the inaugural RoastPATH Training Webinar! H...

Read More