RoastPATH® Help     update request sample points

2024-01-10 01:55

update request sample points

Hi

I think if there is some sort of hotkey or button for taking samples during the roast

sometimes I need to take a sample from the tryer and I had to write down the temperature and the time on a paper

it will be great if you include this in the upcoming update to take many sample points at the same chart

Link

Comments

Views
2024-01-14 05:05

the idea is

rather than taking me 15 sec to write a note that this point is sample one hotkey and you are done with data saved at this point

Link

Hey Khalid,

I've added a feature request to record temperature with all notes taken in the notebook. We added the text note option to have a free-form solution for any notes besides machine inputs, but in your case you would need to input the current temperature. I've included a note on adding a hotkey and this will need to be evaluated whether it will be possible on both macOS and PC. Thank you and we appreciate the request.

Link

I think that's a great idea. I've only tried to do it once, where I had a fan and colander ready and threw some beans from the tryer in it, but it is hard to capture the correct data. If you could correlate, dev. time, color, and temp from a couple of different points along the roast, you could really dial some roasts. The biggest issue I think I ran into is that the tryer holds maybe 3g of beans, so coming up with meaning full taste data is tough without at least two pulls from tryer.

Link

Announcement

Do you have: Curiosity about Roast Replay?Questions about using RoastPATH?Suggestions for features or improvements to the user experience? Come join us for the inaugural RoastPATH Training Webinar! H...

Read More