RoastPATH® Help     Lost connection to roaster/probes

2022-09-23 09:35

Lost connection to roaster/probes

I've been noticing more lately, in the last month I'd say, that I'm losing the connection to the roaster/probes periodically through the roast process. Sometimes it will show the red gear on BT sometimes on the ET, sometimes on both. It will last for a couple seconds and come back. I notice when this happens the connection notification under the roaster name also shows no connection. While I'm running a laptop on wifi I've got full signal in these moments.

Thank you,

Jason

Link

Comments

Views
2022-11-02 23:33

I have been experiencing the exact same problems.

Link

A connection interruption can be frustrating, though we should be able to track it down. Email us at support@roastpath.com and we can schedule a time to take a look at your setup over a video call.

Link

Same, extremely annoying

Link

I have the same issue on my 500g profile but never on the MC 3 !

Link

Yes, I'm experiencing the same problem.

Link

Any suggestions for how to address this? I'm experiencing this issue as well on MacOS and a 1kg. I've tried different cable setups to connect to the MacBook and doesn't seem to address this. Strong connectivity to wifi.

I've also noticed when I make my profile public the data intervals are different:

https://portal.roastpath.com/roasts/review/769692141816270223

When roasting and on my local machine, around the 5:27 mark I had a 12 second period of missing data, picking back up at 5:39. Causing a drop in ROR logging during roasting, though looks like it got smoothed out in some post processing here.

Here's an example of what these look like on my side when roasting:

Thanks!

Link

Has anyone resolved this yet? I'm still having these issues on the latest release. Wondering if it has to do with my cable to the MacBook? I've tried others though and the issue still persists. Wondering if anyone has any recommendations for cables that have worked well for them on Mac or how to fix.

I'm also seeing this error message in there sensor error log when these happen:

16:26:20 ERROR Serial Symaphore Locked for too long. Resetting

Link

@bduarte - I am too experiencing this issue for almost a year+ I'm running on Macbook (Intel) 2019 .

Link

Thanks for your continued reporting of this issue. We can confirm this issue is isolated to manual control panel machines equipped with manual Modbus connection.

Models affected: MCR500, MCR-1, MCR-3 with manual control, and older pre-2018 models with a manual Modbus connection.

Models NOT affected: MCR-2D, MCR-2E, MCR-3D, MCR-6, MCR-10, MCR-15, MCR-20, MCR-30, MC-60 (less than 5 years old) and older models with a Phidget connection.

We'll be actively working on this issue over the next few weeks. Current expectation is that we'll have a new release by the end of the year that should improve or eliminate these issues. Thanks for your patience and continued reporting of these issues. If you are experiencing drop-outs on one of the models noted above as NOT being affected, contact support@roastpath.com.

Link

Announcement

Do you have: Curiosity about Roast Replay?Questions about using RoastPATH?Suggestions for features or improvements to the user experience? Come join us for the inaugural RoastPATH Training Webinar! H...

Read More