Equipment & Workspaces     Need to Move My 3KG Roaster

2023-11-05 22:24

Need to Move My 3KG Roaster

Dear MCR,

I am relocating to O'ahu in the next 45 days and I wanted to ask if you have any advice for safely moving my 3KG roaster. I plan to load it in one of my moving pods with all my other coffee equipment. Any suggestions for a successful move? It'll move from California to Honolulu.

Mahalo for your advice and/or any suggestions!

Richard

Link

Comments

Views
2023-11-06 16:17

Hi Richard - Can you send a link to the moving pod?

Asking because in my experience those pods are fairly flimsy. But maybe you have something more like a container?

Link

Hi Angie,

I’m using UPack, they have a standard container size of 6'3” x 7' x 8'4” (DWH).

https://www.upack.com/how-upack-works/equipment/moving-container/size

Link

You've seen the way we crate roasters for delivery so you likely have an idea of doing easy things like removing the hopper and trier, securing the drum door, etc. You might consider unmounting the control panel if it makes packing other items around it cumbersome. When we move roasters uncrated in our roast rig or on the delivery truck, they're secured with heavy-duty tie downs to supports bolted to the truck bed. For the chaff collectors, we usually just wrap them in moving blankets and lay them down, secured to the wall.

FWIW I buzzed through our quotes to HI and I pulled a quote for an MCR-3 to Kahului last Spring and it was $2700 with Fedex Freight to ship out the two MCR-3 crates.

Link

Wow, I didn’t think about going through FedEx or another service to crate it. I’ll call and get a quote. Thank you for your help!

Link

Just to clarify that we're on the same page, Fedex won't crate it for you but you could have that hired out by a local rigging company or crate builder. What I meant was, when we ship MCR-3s, they ship in two crates and the cost to ship those two crates to HI was $2700 for the freight only. Re-crating would be extra and you'd need someone other than Fedex Freight to do it.

Link

Understood, and thank you for clarifying. I called a local company here that offers the crating service and shipping.

Link

Announcement

Do you have: Curiosity about Roast Replay?Questions about using RoastPATH?Suggestions for features or improvements to the user experience? Come join us for the inaugural RoastPATH Training Webinar! H...

Read More